Vitamin C or ascorbic acid is a water-soluble vitamin. This vitamin is the Queen of antioxidants and plays a vital role as an essential nutrient required in human health. It has many functions :
- A key nutrient for collagen synthesis, bones health, and integrity of blood vessels, tendons, ligaments and skin
- Supports heart health including optimal blood pressure
- Vital for a healthy immune system
- Powerful antioxidant
- Needed for a healthy metabolism
- Aids in healthy eye support
- Supports healthy hormone and neurotransmitter production
- Helps in iron absorption
- Boosts the actions of other antioxidants
- Vital cofactor needed to break down histamine which lowers inflammation
Liposomal C has superior absorption delivering Vitamin C right to the cells for rapid uptake and use. It also has less GI effects and higher doses can be attained much easier. For example taking regular buffered Vitamin C in high doses can cause loose stools when bowel tolerance is reached. Because of its quick absorption, high doses can be reached without any side effects. We suggest Liposomal Vitamin C by Desbio.
Vitamin C Intravenous Therapy
Vitamin C, when taken orally or infused in low doses, is known for its anti antioxidant activity; fighting off free radical damage, supporting immune function among many other things. However, high dose infusions (25 grams and above) are very beneficial for the supportive treatment of chronic and acute viral infections. IV Vitamin C can be very helpful because with it you can reach therapeutic doses that can’t not be reached using oral dosing. ( except possibly Liposomal C) Much research has been done showing that vitamin C in these very high doses can disrupt cancer cell growth. In cancer patients, this high dose Vitamin C has shown to improve the response to conventional cancer therapies by helping to alleviate the negative side effects such as weight loss and poor immune function. We offer IV therapy at our office and can always add extra C when you need it.